Bench warrant issued for child molesting suspect who skipped court

BRISTOL — A man awaiting trial on child molestation charges is wanted on a no-bond warrant after skipping two court dates in a row.

Angel Dubon, 57, faces four counts of child molesting in a warrant issued earlier this year. One count is a Level 1 felony and three counts are Level 4 felonies.

He was arrested in April but got out of jail on $180,000 bond. He was on track to stand trial but failed to appear in court for hearings on Oct. 3 and Nov. 14, leading to a bench warrant for his arrest being issued by the judge.

The mother of two of the girls expressed frustration with the lack of progress on the case after Bristol Police were first made aware of the allegations against Dubon more than two years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The biggest part is that the Bristol police failed my children,” the woman said. “It took outside help to get in touch with the prosecutor’s office for them to view the case where they took it on.”

She said she has learned of other allegations against Dubon since his arrest. She said he has ties to several places outside of Elkhart County.

“This is why women and children don’t tell,” she said. “They are not heard. But suffer a lifetime of issues and fears.”

According to court documents:

The Bristol Police Department began investigating Dubon after receiving allegations in August 2022 involving three girls. All three were under 14 at the time.

During forensic interviews, each of the girls described Dubon inappropriately touching them a few years earlier as well as kissing them on the lips multiple times. The youngest victim also described instances of sexual contact, according to police.

ADVERTISEMENT

They said Dubon would wait to act until no other adult was in the room.

Police interviewed Dubon in September 2022. He allegedly admitted that he kissed two of the girls but denied putting his tongue in their mouths as they described.

He denied kissing the third girl on the mouth and denied that some of the incidents the girls described were sexual in nature, according to police.

The warrant for Dubon’s arrest was issued on April 2 of this year and served a week later.